FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Houston, TX
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:24 am
nickfromct

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by Muerz
I'm looking to do a vacation in the Houston area in early november and have trouble deciding on a hotel. I haven't been to Houston before so I don't know which area the hotel should preferably be located in. This trip will mostly about shopping and the usual touristy sights as well as the coastal area around Galveston. Galleria looks like a good bet but is rather expensive. What about Energy Corridor or North Houston? Are those convenient or should I stick to the Galleria/Downtown area?
I'd be most interrested in full service properties or Courtyards. I'll have a rental car but I wouldn't want to be located in an area with unbearable traffic.
A question that is really important to me: which properties have in-room safes? This is really important to me since I don't like to store a laptop at the front desk and being there on vacation I don't want to take it along every day!
Thanks in advance for your help!
The Galleria area is probably best for you given what you want to do. The Energy Corridor is way out on the west side of town and downtown is more for business folks than tourists. THE JW is one of the best hotels in Houston. If you can afford to stay there, then do that. Its right across the street from the Galleria and a few blocks to I-610 which will be convenient to traveling around the city. If the JW is too expensive, there is a Courtyard on Sage which is a few blocks away from the JW but still walking distance to the Galleria. The Courtyard is nice, I stay there most of the time I'm in Houston, but nothing remarkable about it.