Thread: DL1180 on 09/23
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:43 pm
GYEWorldTraveler

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stylo4444
DL1180

SLC - MCO

Silver Medallion on this flight. Booked an 'L' Fare, I also have this in the UG thread.

Can anyone shed some more light into UG chances? There are a lot of FC seats available and am hoping for an UG as this is a 3+ hour flight and will be nice to enjoy the dinner service!

TIA!
Dont want to be the one to Knock you down but I don't think the chances are very good at all on a Friday. There are a lot of DMs, PMs and GMs in both SLC and MCO and even with the 26 seat cabin I think it is a very very slim shot on a Friday. The UG windows haven't even started hitting but I'd be willing to bet V will be zeroed out before the GM window and if not before, almost certainly after. The best bet would likely be to wait until everyone has boarded and see if maybe someone didn't show and if you are the only one left and on the UG list a lot of the time the GA will clear you and not go on board to find who really was next on the list.

Or if you want it confirmed buy up to a K fare and UG for 12500 miles. G9 right now. That's probably your only real shot. And a L to a K typically isn't too much a difference. Get a nice agent to waive the change fee and your set!