FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:02 pm
pcharles

Programs: many
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
As a bit of background to her denial, the supervisor informed me that while historically, Amex has happily honored promotions for nontargeted cardholders who call to apply them, they would no longer due to a "blog post" which attracted "attention."

UPDATE: I called the lending department asking to cancel the card and expunge the hard pull from my credit report. I'm young and emphasized the possibility of Amex skimming off its merchant fee off my lifetime spending; the lending agent (as well as the two earlier supervisors) were unwilling to do anything.
As mentioned previously, the bloggers have cut and run as their handlers have pulled the leashes in.

Honestly, Sorry for your result.

But as reminder to anyone who is foolish to believe that a hard pull is removed from your account because you didnt get you way is misinformed. The only way a hard pull is removed is if you can prove the pull was done without your approval. You signing up for and applying for these credit cards is concent and does not warrant a retraction regardless of the decision of acceptance, nor of getting rejection from trying to add an additional bonus/benefit.