FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:55 am
soy

Programs: various
Had a recent GLON6 stay at Conrad Bali. Hotel was fully booked except for Conrad Suites (verified on Hilton.com) so no upgrade, unless you count 4th floor as an upgrade. That said, room was fine and I have no complaints on that front. In any case we did not spend very much time in our room during our trip to Bali.
We really enjoyed our stay here and toddler Soy had a ball. The resort is an excellent choice for kids. Staff were all superb and the service levels up to the usual Asian Conrad standards. Food was excellent, albeit expensive vis a vis local prices.

As diamond we had access to Conrad Suites lounge, but were told that toddler Soy could not go there after breakfast. This is not a problem as they allow you to obtain the exact same drinks/snacks at the ‘East’ bar instead (this located beside the lobby and overlooks the main pool). In some respects ‘East’ is preferable to the Suites lounge if you are staying in the main hotel, so no complaints there. They call this service ‘connoisseur’. We also got the 15% discounts that others have mentioned.

The lounge situation for diamonds is kinda complicated so I will try to set it out here.

Conrad Suites guests and HHDiamond get access to the Conrad Suites Lounge. This is located in the Suites part of the hotel. Children are not allowed in CS lounge.
Guests with children who would otherwise have access to the CS lounge, can instead take afternoon tea (3-5pm) and evening cocktails in ‘East’ from 5-7pm (you can even visit both locations, as one evening I had a drink in the CS lounge before later going over to East for more drinks after toddler Soy had woken up form his nap).
Breakfast for HHDiamond is served in RIN which is located in the CS section of the hotel.
Breakfast is also served in ‘Suku’ (main restaurant)

During busy times the hotel also opens ‘Spice’. This is located on the 3rd floor near the Spa. It is a pretty flexible space. It can be a breakfast area in the mornings and they can make it a lounge later on (presumably if CS is full, Diamonds will be directed to Spice for lounge purposes). During our stay, Spice was open for breakfast 4 of the days but was not open as a lounge at all.

Finally there is also ‘Reflections’ which is located on the ground floor. This is the departures/arrivals lounge complete with showers, tea/coffee facilities.

One day we took breakfast in ‘Eight Degrees South’ (a la carte restaurant overlooking the beach) as Suku was full, at the suggestion of the Suku host. In hindsight, it seems that I could have had breakfast just about anywhere as a diamond. FWIW, I found Spice to have the best breakfast. It had more or less the same buffet options as Suku but also had some of the Eight Degrees a la carte options, such as eggs Benedict. Spice suited us better than Eight Degrees due to toddler Soy (needs to get food fast once he is sitting at the table). It is also quieter than Suku which can get very hectic at peak times. I did not bother going to RIN for breakfast as I was happy enough with the other options.

It’s a half hour walk along the beach path to the shops at Bali Collection, though there is also a free shuttle bus. We walked, partly for the exercise and also to see some of the other resorts that are along the way (Westin, Hyatt etc.)
About halfway to Bali collection there is a nice local restaurant called Kenndi Kunning (beside the Club Med resort) that is about half the price of the Conrad. We had lunch here several days and found it good value. There are also cheaper places but we were happy with the cost/quality ratio here.

We used the excellent Dewa Marco (as recommended on FT) for our trips to see the rest of Bali.

Overall we had a great stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this property for anyone looking for good hotel in Nusa Dua.

Last edited by soy; Sep 14, 2011 at 10:50 am