FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tired of eating out when on the road
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:46 am
exbayern

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I don't think one can generalize the on the road work experience for everyone.
Absolutely. There are many different types of business travel, from short 1-3 day trips, to weekly trips to the same location, trips to different locations every week, to month long trips or more. Some people travel for work once a year, or a few times a year, while others do every month, or every week. And then duties vary. Some people are 'done' for the night once they leave the office, others have to continue duties or are on call around the clock, and for many dinner is actually part of work and not down time.

But from the OP, I got the sense that he isn't talking about short trips.

I find that after a few days of eating out 3 meals a day, I get tired of doing so. I get to the point where going to the grocery store wherever I am and picking up a salad and a roast chicken or if there's a BBQ place, I'll get takeout, but eating alone in my room with the news on TV is far preferable to anything else.

At home, I love to cook, which I think plays into my fatigue. The other side of it is that for work, I talk all day, and by dinner, I just want to sit and be quiet, and not have to interact with waitstaff/hosts/others.
Again, going out after work every day (and possibly for breakfast and/or lunch as well) is different from going out every day whilst on holiday.