FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uninvited guest had a key to my room / I was given a key to an occupied room
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:29 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Sorry to hear about your guest experience.
A great hotel management has an individual/Guest Relations agent in house not limited to the GM typically that does something customized for the guest that is reasonable.When a hotel management is not taking ownership of an issue with a first class action and response its of my experience to escalate it to Starwood’s Hotel Customer Service or higher to Starwood’s Consumer Affairs. At that point and based on the apology resolution offered I might consider my future business and loyalty depending on the outcome.
In a perfect world the hotel simply does the right thing.
At the end of the day I would like to add the post/question is focused on compensation.
However my question would clearly be how does this potentially not happen again to other guests and what steps will the hotel be taking to prevent a breach of security in the future.......

If I was in the hotels shoes I would be assuring you of that and offer you a free night and or points and perhaps a free breakfast during your stay.
What eligible rate you paid cash and points,points or revenue should have nothing to do with the original question or the case at hand IMHO
Cheers