FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - There's No Place Like Nome DO: Ode to the Alaskan Midnight Sun (June 21-24, 2012)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:31 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by monitor

Are you guys kidding?

You already grabbed all of the award seats (at least all they would show to Delta) on that Sunday morning flight out of OME?

That shows a blatant lack of hospitality and consideration for your invited guests.

Are they showing any more of them to you MVP SOBs?
When we made the initial arrangements, it was showing W7 (the max possible) with a wide-open aircraft. In fact, the very first draft of the schedule (flying into OME on the midday flight) only had W2, and one of the reasons I modified the schedule was to move us to a flight with more saver award space.

BOB W hasn't booked his ticket yet (and said he was planning on going revenue for this flight), so the only locals I know of that have booked anything are beckoa and me; even after we booked, it was still showing W7 on all flights.

I'm not sure what happened to that award space, but it certainly wasn't our intention to use it all up (nor do I think that is a fair accusation).

Perhaps I need to call in some certain high-level favors. Then again, I think you might be running into some of these high-level favor-givers in a couple of weekends in ALW. Why don't you talk to him when you get there (or hold him hostage for more award seats on that flight)?