FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - two pilots fired !!
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2001, 10:13 pm
fakecd

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
tedhl:

I would think that being a CX pilot is actually a great job, and I'm sure they will NOT want to give up their job either. What I'm saying, is that "mass resignation threat" can be a VERY powerful card during this negotiation (if there's any). It's obvious to both party, that all those 1200 pilots is most likely not going to quit, and the company will also not afford to loose all these well qualified pilots all at once.

If the pilots makes such threat, and IF all the union members fails to show up at work one day just to show their intention, the result will be catastrophic to the management and the general public. As a company, what is the choice they have? Give the pilots what they want and end this costly dispute? Or fire all the 1200 pilots and recruit another 1200 pilots from elsewhere?

I'm not saying that what pilots are doing is totally justified, as many will have different view. But, as a HK citizen, I don't want to see this deadlock continue. Many people think that pilots should give up and let the normal routine resume. BUT, we have to remember that if the pilots win and get what they want, the dispute will ALSO end.

Basically, I just want this mess to be over. I frankly don't care which party will eventually win (although I side with the pilots for personal reason), because that really doesn't do any harm/benefit to the general public. BUT, what we know is that if this continue, then the harm is done on all party.