FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FC passengers - attitude
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:39 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HongKonger
The problem here is DL's IT. Since there was an equipment change, the FC seats were reshuffled. The IT doing the reshuffling should have recognized the child and kept the child and mother together. The IT really should do this for any party traveling on the same PNR if possible.
I suspect that everyone except 1A and 1B had their seats preserved in the swap and that 3A and 4D were the only ones left. Given the choice of sitting next to a three year old or moving to a window seat, Mr. 4C should have had no problem moving. I certainly will move to accommodate kids split from parents, especially if its no fault of theirs.

However, DL created the problem and DL should have done more to help. The GA's response was unreasonable and should be reported. The FA could have been more helpful. About 15 years ago my wife, I and two very little kids were in Y from TOL to ATL. None of us had any status. Our pre-reserved seats had disappeared by the time we got to the gate, and it was a very full flight. The GA worked diligently to get me and the kids together in the very back row, and put my wife in F. The FAs apparently were aware of our issue and were very nice to me and the kids. It worked out perfectly. How things have changed.