FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FC passengers - attitude
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:14 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by knoa_knows
So let me understand. You think he should have immediately taken the coach seats. In the next paragraph you say you have asked people in the past to change seats as the OP did. So for others they must follow the rules to the letter, but for you it is OK to bend the rules?

That's called double standard.
Relax. All I meant was that if he wanted FOR SURE seats together he should have taken the coach seats. When you get onto the plane and ask people, that is not going to be sure bet.

The OP was in a position where he had to ask a pax to move from an aisle to window - The other night I was flying with my wife BDL-MSP, we both ended up with windows in F, I DID NOT ask anyone to move because I though it would be rude to ask someone to take a window when they had an aisle.

The complaint by the OP is about other passengers not accommodating him. This is DL's issue, not an issue for the guy in 3B.

Also want to add - I never EXPECT people to move for me. If I ask and they say no problem then I say thank you and we move. If I ask and they don't want to, I move on with my day. In this case the OP expected people to move for him, which I think is rude.

Last edited by A4K; Sep 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm Reason: additional insight