FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FC passengers - attitude
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:00 am
jk2

FC passengers - attitude

I Flew with my wife and almost 3 year old daughter TPA-CVG last Wednesday. All of us are elites. My wife and daughter are on the same reservation. They were upgraded in advance to FC and got 1A,1B seats (together), I was in 2A. However, about 24 before the departure, the aircraft was changed to the one, where there are no 1A and 1B seats (MD88). As a result, they got 3A and 4D seats (separated). Since, it is obvious that 3year old cannot seat without supervising, I called Delta and was told that on the phone they cannot change seats. They told me that only GA can do it. We arrived at the airport long before the departure time and I politely asked GA to accommodate them together. However, the GA refused to help. Her words were - "FC is full, if they want to seat together, I can move them to coach." Very nice answer!

OK, I thought that as usual we have to deal with it on our own. But I was very surprised to see the reaction to swap seats (from 2B to 3A or from 3B to 2A). The old guy in 2B said that I had to ask the guy in 3B first, the guy in 3B said that he doesn't want to seat in the front row and wouldn't swap. Finally, the guy from 2B moved to the 3A, but his face said everything what he thought about this swap. What is wrong with you people? It wasn't just swap seats for fun or something else. They clearly saw that the swap was for child and the safety/comfort other passengers. I also blame Delta since it was their responsibility to accommodate child and mother together but FC people should be more understandable. Moreover, I believe that all of them got their seats as a complimentary upgrades as well.