FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to handle this...woman in my seat!
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:35 am
DFW_Airwolf

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by NoParachute
A different gray area...

On a recent early morning flight, my coworker had window and I had middle in the second row of E+. There was no one in the aisle, but as the gate area had been a little chaotic, I was going to wait for the doors to close before hopping over. Right before I was going to, someone else jumped up from two rows back saying "I always take the opportunity to move up two rows," and then proceeded to open up his newspaper.

I am pretty sure it was "I snoozed, I lose" and the real loser was my coworker who is 6'9" and can use all the space he can get on a plane. But to clarify, there is no such thing as "first right" in grabbing an open seat, right?
I would have probably sat in the AISLE seat & then if a person who had the BP for that seat showed up I would have just moved over. This way, the 2+ Row poacher could have had your Middle Seat & if someone actually held that seat BP, they shouldnt think of you as a poacher as you were in the same row just trying to preserve a open seat between you & the Window person.