FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to and Questions Concerning Connecting thru HNL & other Hawai`i airports
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:14 am
aces_high

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Red face Question about nudo-scopes in HNL

When I boarded my JAL flight out of HNL in December it was early in the morning and all scanners were roped off, but recently i heard it wasn't the case. A friend of mine got radiated upon before barding China Airlines flight to Tokyo. I might be using the same flight in November [removed inappropriate characterization per the TOS]

So question 1: Which check points would be most likely to have [redacted per the TOS] scanners roped off around 7-8AM?

Question 2: I heard about a little cheat called "inter-island terminal", but how does that work? Can I walk from that terminal to my international secure area?

And more importantly, are [the TSA] in inter-island terminal going to let me through with a boarding pass to international flight departing out of completely different terminal?

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 9, 2011 at 10:13 pm Reason: There is no place, per the TOS, for such inappropriate characterizations. Please don't do so again.