FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aloft Minneapolis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:04 am
goider

Programs: SPG Platinum, United Premier Gold
My first stay in an Aloft and it was a great one.

Stayed 1 night, arrived just before 8PM to check in. I parked my car in some of the temporary spots owned by the hotel while I checked in. Inquired about parking and was told I can park overnight with no in-out privileges in the lot right next to the hotel for $7 or I can park on the street and feed the meters ($1 per hour, meters must be fed 8AM-10PM). The front desk exchanged my dollars for some dollar coins for the meters and I moved my car after I brought my things up to my room.

Check in was smooth and I was given a room on the top floor. The check in associate also told me that about 50% of the guests at the hotel Mon-Weds nights were Accenture consultants.

Room seemed like a stripped down, generic version, of a W room. I liked the modern look. No complaints.

W bath amenities were present, although there was no face wash. The body wash and all in one shampoo/conditioner were not in bottles, but in re-fillable dispensers on the shower wall.

There was no tub in the room.

In the morning, I spent about $10 for some breakfast snacks in the re:fuel snack area. Hot breakfast sandwiches were present, but I did not sample.

Internet was available in the lobby and was relatively fast. I did not get a chance to try the internet in the room.

I did not confirm, but I briefly chatted to another guest, who told me there was only 1 ice machine by the lobby, so if you had a room on the 5th floor, you would have to venture down for ice.

I would stay at this property again.

Pictures: