FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - There's No Place Like Nome DO: Ode to the Alaskan Midnight Sun (June 21-24, 2012)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:31 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Great news!

I was able to negotiate a group fare for the trip to Nome.

As of now, the lowest discount fare on FAI-ANC-OME-ANC is $557.00 (plus tax). The Alaska Airlines group desk was able to get us a group fare of $481.95 (plus tax).

I'll post full details later once I receive the contract from AS, but basically, I'll need to provide the final list of names to AS and make payment to them no later than February. It'll be a prepaid thing, so I'll need to collect payment in advance from those interested in taking advantage of this deal. There is a cap of 47 people on this group rate, but I don't think that'll be an issue for us. Of course, if demand for our event explodes any more than what's been indicated so far, we may have to scrap the group discount and just charter a plane.

Also, I was able to set up a "meeting" discount through AS. Anyone flying up to Anchorage for our event between June 16 and June 30 can get 5% off with a discount code. I'll post the details on that once I receive the final documentation from AS.

I'll post details both here and back in the opening posts of this thread when I have the details.