FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:02 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leonard016
I just completed my first airfare purchase (Delta) from UR. Always used Amex PR Gold but would like to re-evaluate my cc strategy for the next year and want to find out if there are some limits of UR. One biggest limit for me is that Southwest is not available through any 3rd party agencies.

Surprisingly, I found the booking is easy. Seconds after I finished booking, the itinerary showed up in my Delta account. The only things you need to do differently is to set UR points to be redeemed to zero so it will all be charged to the credit card and enter your FF account #. What surprised me the most is that it actually gave me a preferred seat! These seat are reserved for elite members. Does this mean that UR travel portal can actually see your airline status???
I think it directly links to the airline's own site to finish your booking. Since your FF number is there, your status is recognized.

Now the next task is to make sure your purchase does earn the UR bonus points.

My eShopping does NOT. So as another FTer I talked to. We both had to manually request that to post. In the other FTer's case, her purchase was big (should earn 14xx points), Chase gave her an additional 1K to compensate her trouble. In my case the purchase was small (as a test for me on how UR would work), Chase just gave me the full correct earning that was 4 bonus pt per $1 spent, and I spent $25 so 100 pts awarded.