FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to use the Multi-Quote function on FlyerTalk
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:51 pm
Alfonso XIV

Originally Posted by goalie
... actually, your answer is "out there". It's under the help menu and then under the FAQ's (albeit a bit hidden).
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0
Goalie, I did find this tidbit of an answer you cite in the FAQ, and it was exactly what I was referring to by saying there were "one or two lines tantalizingly close" to explaining how it worked, but didn't really explain it if you didn't already know how it worked.

I got hung up on two things:
1) If you're responding to a post that already includes a quote from a previous post , hitting MULTI-QUOTE just on that post will not include those previous quote(s), it will only grab the new text.
2) The FAQ isn't clear about the need to scroll to EACH post that you want to quote from, and then hitting MULTI-QUOTE on each one, before finally clicking QUOTE to compose and organize your response.

Anyway I still think the explanation in the above cited thread could be more clear. Although it seems that anyone who doesn't understand the procedure might do a search to eventually find this thread.

Thanks again for making it clear to this poster.

Last edited by Alfonso XIV; Sep 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm Reason: Additional lines