FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:18 am
baliktad
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Was blatantly denied a BRG to getaroom.com for the HR Houston [http://www.getaroom.com/hotels/hyatt-regency-hotel]. The agent tried to convince me that this advertisement was not eligible because the name and address of the hotel were not listed. Rather, she explained, this was an opaque listing that skirted name-disclosure by cleverly not listing it as the "Hyatt Regency Houston" but rather just "A Hyatt Regency hotel" in Houston, TX.

When I pointed out the name and address of the hotel were clearly listed right under the map, she countered that this was simply an area map showing the location. I almost couldn't believe her explanation, and insisted that this was NOT an opaque listing, it was clearly an advertisement for a specific hotel at a specific address; never mind that there is only one Hyatt Regency in Houston. She said we were simply going to have to agree to disagree on this point(!) and that she would not be processing the BRG.

As best I can figure out, she had some sort of predetermined result for this website, and was simply using any available argument to justify the denial.