FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to and Questions Concerning Connecting thru HNL & other Hawai`i airports
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:48 pm
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by paulmasterton
Hi guys, just a quick question.

Going to be booking SEA-HNL with Alaska Air, and then HNL-LNY with Island Air.

I'm pretty sure from reading this thread that I'll be able to check my bags right through to save having to collect them, but will I still have to check-in for my Island Air flight at the desk?

It looks as though from the first thread post that I can just go to the Commuter Terminal and check in at the departure gate, rather than having to go back out to the main check-in desk, which would mean having to go through security again. Is that right?

I will try to book online, but we are coming from the UK and Seattle is the first two nights of our honeymoon so it might not be possible.
Yes you do not need to exit security. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine. There is a WP service counter in the gate holding area.