FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A First Class Flight: Tokyo to Munich LH F (PICS)
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:49 pm
QFBoy

A First Class Flight: Tokyo to Munich LH F (PICS)

Background
This is a recount of my flight with Lufthansa in First from Tokyo to Munich some time ago. After a year of non-stop travelling and then suddenly having to work 11 hour days for (nearly) free I haven't had much time to catch up on writing trip reports. Low and behold I have two days off and thought I'd finally post something. Enjoy!

LINK to Blog Post

One of 20 courses at Tapas Molecular Bar, The Mandarin Oriental

Enjoying a Martini and a Cigar with a smashing view of Tokyo!

After a wonderful stay in Tokyo including an amazing meal at Tapas Molecular Bar, I took the Narita Express to the airport and checked in 2.5 hours before my flight. The agent told me I had access to two First lounges (I already knew this). I also knew that the ANA Suite Lounge would be light years ahead of the out-dated United First Lounge. At least the "alcohol" was free!

This lounge must have last been refurbished in the 80s :-P

Meager offerings at the buffet

Greno what??? Where's the real Champagne!

Well, I decided to try the Champagne anyway since I consider myself to be an open-minded person. :-) However, I made myself a Campari OJ Chaser just in case!

Snacking and drinking at the United First Lounge

After a short stop at duty free to purchase more alcohol, it was off to the "real" lounge.

Entrance to the ANA Suite Lounge

Self-service Noodle Bar

I was actually quite surprised at how small the lounge was. Did I miss something or is it really that small? Anywho, I ordered some Tonkatsu at the Noodle Bar and went to the (drinks) bar for more bubbly, but got distracted by Sake and Japanese beer.

On my way to a food and alcohol-induced coma

Views of the tarmac

If I remember correctly, I was able to squeeze in another round of drinks before boarding, but hey, who's counting!

LH715 NRT-MUC
1230-1740
A340-600
Seat: 1K

Thank God I'm turning left!

Upon boarding I was shown to my seat by a very friendly flight attendant who would go on to become one of the best FA's I have ever had on a flight.

That's her on the right! Oh, and Lufthansa's (old) F product

Yes, I know, the F seats onboard the A340-600s are not up to scratch with other airlines and look more like alien pods waiting to be beamed up to the mothership, but anything beats a 12-hour flight in Economy!

Now...where's that drink?

Champagne and Macadamia Nuts? Don't mind if I do!

Bar setup. It would have been easier for everyone if they had just given me the bottle

Some people get excited about taking off and hearing those Rolls Royce engines roar at full speed. My excitement comes from a much less significant routine on a flight, and that's when the seat belt sign goes...*DING*...because that means service is about to begin. And I get more Champagne...

But first a Gin & Tonic with the Canapes

First Class Canapes

Lunch time

The table is set for a feast. Garlic Bread *drool*

Hey, hey, hey! Just a minute! Where's the Champagne? Luckily, the very attentive FA saw the look of shock in my face as my table laid there with a shortage of alcoholic beverages and promptly replenished my glass.

Not the whole bottle, but it'll do

I never pass up a chance to indulge in copious amounts of vintage Champagne paired with lashings of Caviar...is there really any other reason to fly First Class?

My magical FA at work. Don't be skimpy on that Caviar!

Last edited by QFBoy; Sep 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm