FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Months of Miles
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:54 am
pitcarin

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
To be honest, I will not believe in this promo til I see all miles post AND all bonuses in Jan or whenever that is. [/I]
I tend to agree with you. I will end up investing a lot of money in the promo for a "perceived" payoff. None of us will know till the end. I am following the rules as closely as I can. If things don't work out, I will end up with a lot of GC's to burn and each one I use will be a painful reminder of a lot of work without the desired result.

Even if it works out, I will have invested a fair amount of cash-some of which I would have spent anyway, ie.. dining, food, shopping, etc. It is just that I had to spend the cash in advance of when I would normally have. However, I will then be sitting on a big pile of miles and will have made new UA FT friends ( I am usually an AA flyer). It is a HUGE time-consuming gamble, but one I have decided to take. I told my wife the other day "This is risky, but the odds seem to favor us. If I don't do what seems to be a sure thing, I will probably forever regret it"