FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Months of Miles
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:46 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by smitty06
just ordered a bunch of hd gift cards. going to LA on business in 10 days. anyone up for hitting hd on the 13th?
are you suggesting a HD DO? lol I would be in if it were east coast

Originally Posted by akp
After reading MillionMileSecrets blog about using the link but finding out he's not registered, I realized I'd never gotten a confirmation email from United.

He did say that I should keep the postcard (!) and that I should take a screenshot of the united/monthsofmiles page where it says "Keep earning through November 20, 2011" because that will prove he's registered. I get the feeling we're going to have to fight for these miles come January Luckily, I'm good at documenting and I'm a tenacious fighter when it comes to these kinds of things.

Anita
If you got this email:

Thank you: Your Months of Miles Challenge has begun

MileagePlus

TO:
ME

(mine came on) Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:05 PM

You're registered to earn 1,000 bonus miles for every 3 partner transactions. View this online.

Add [email protected] to your address book.

Then you should be fine. IT was all graphics and little text.
If you did not get it, then yes, you need to fight them now or do it later. And if you do it later, remember the Cartera, and Gd be with you.

[QUOTE=pitcarin;17052480]
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Pitcarin, same here on the Sam's GCs. Apparently they ship the physical cards, but charging the CC is what issues the activation email. I expect that they will overcome the backlog quickly.

Akp: what did the confirmation email say? I'd say with the physical postcard + confirmation email that you're fine. MP will have to manually override whatever their system says and allow registration. MP isn't Cartera. Good attitude about being tenacious!

New data point: I called MP again for the upteempth time asking if I was registered, and once again they confirmed my registration. I hope the call was recorded.

All my "confirmed" transactions have posted to MP. QUOTE]

BKK: Ok, on Sams. That makes sense.

Re: calling MP to verify your registration: did you not receive a confirming e-mail when you registered? I am guarding mine like Ft. Knox. I am also having my confirmed transactions post (w/o bonus miles). Problem is that on the shopping, I have not had anything confirmed since Aug. 26. The dining transactions are at least showing up almost immediately even though many are still "pending", but at least I am seeing them whereas on the Shopping they are not showing up immediately.
MP is a mall
Malls stink
Dining shows up, shopping delays. Each vendor has a different relationship. Some can be relied upon. For example, I am figuring the Home Depot is ok, but sams has fallen... til someone says it's back up again.

Originally Posted by BryanIAH
That should be good enough if they try any shenanigans.
oh, we know this... but does it work?