FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:22 pm
subx

Originally Posted by swat16
I got my card in early Aug. I sent about 5 SM asking for 5748 bump and was repeatedly denied. I tried to reason that I applied for the card because I thought I was getting 100K and now I have to pay a $450 annual fee which seemed unfair. The "Manager" replied that I signed up for a card with the annual fee waived so I kept that message. I then called MR and had a rep apologize because I was able to receive the 100K point offer.

So this past Monday I called and requested the points be expedited and the rep started ripping into me about whether I was targeted, how I found out, etc. I stopped her and said read the notes because the offer was already applied to my account. She placed me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back saying the promo is definitely on my account but she could not expedite the points. On Wed my annual fee posted. I replied to my SM saying I thought my fee was waived and was now confused. The response was one line, "I have processed a statement credit for $450.". Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed the bonus points post without any further calls like they said they will.

how is your 450$ fee waived ?