FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:48 am
maltasr

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by Flyer888
I go to Shanghai once a month and can recommend CY Xujiahui, which is my pick lately because they have been giving me suite upgrades for my MR platinum membership.

Besides that, the location is great - short walking distance to shopping malls and subway.
I've only stayed at the Xujiahui, but I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I thought the location was terrific and the employees, especially the concierge downstairs and the CL gals upstairs were fantastic. I had an experience with a dishonest cab driver, reported it to the concierge along with my receipts, and got an extraordinary resolution. The concierge spent a lot of time investigating the fraud and even said the VP of the company wanted to meet with me to offer his apologies. I requested that the concierge keep the settlement funds and have a good meal somewhere. I found other employees of the hotel to be equally competent and honest. Moral: if you take a taxi from the airport train terminal, make sure the meter is running and that you get a receipt. Verify the amount with the hotel employee on arrival as the cabbies in Shanghai tend to see Americans as goldmines.