FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Status Recognition when flying Delta
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:43 am
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Pauillac
well on the other side very frequently when I enter in a delta lounge in the US they always ask to see my card even if my plat status is clearly written on the BP. so for some the card has a value for other not!!!!

it is clearly a mess
At what point does this remove from the agent's domain and become a systemic, management issue of a. failure to train agents and b. failure to assign responsibility for denial of published benefits?

You see that DL does not care to a. acknowlege the problem, nor b. to fix it.

This is so typical. It means for you the AF FB Plat member, you cannot rely on the published benefits. Also, DL agents have a habit of refusing to honor their own company's published benefits, so you have to point them to DL.COM and the published materials at every interaction. Even then, some of them deny the benefit exists.

This is what is meant by :-: best in class :-:

In other service industries, this conduct would not be tolerated by consumers and would result in a file being submitted to consumer protection and enforcement agencies.

For example, car rental last night at JFK...the Department of Consumer Affairs regulations on honoring reservation prices were prominently displayed over the heads of the agents...no doubt, as a result of previous badness and to ensure no future shenanigans. It helps to remind everyone that this is not going to be tolerated and if it happens, it will escalate beyond the company very quickly.

Imagine if DL agents were required to work under large placards that displayed all similar DoT and State regs.

Yeah, then we would really see best in class service.

It's totally pathetic that this kind of thing is the only way to ensure they honor their own published policies.

Yes, even KL are better.