FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:17 pm
dhammer53
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Capt Jason Dahl worked in the United Training center as an instructor and evaluator. Being considered a management pilot he can pick and choose when he want's to fly. As a line pilot the formal word is called being displaced where as we get a call from a management pilot to fly our trip and we get to stay home and be paid. Not a bad deal. Jason's anniversary was on Sept 14th and he and his wife Sandy had plans so he called the New York based captain and displaced him from his trip...................
Denny, you just took my breath away.

Lots of articles appearing here in the NYC area. Some of us are having difficulty reading them. Many of us here in NY attended memorials for those that were missing. I have to tell you that it's very uncomfortable attending a memorial, rather than a funeral. The sadness is multiplied without a body. So sad.

While the anniversary (sounds so nice??) is approaching 10 years, it still seems like yesterday to those that lost love ones.

Come on Flyertalkers... Step up.

Please excuse me while I get a tissue.