FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Segment run (weekend trip)
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:47 pm
bebert

i may respectfully suggest you to have a 2nd thought at spending money to remain platinum
From my own perspective
I used to do those runs in the 2nd part of the year, 2 years in a row
I remained 4 years platinum, only by segments: so 60* 4= 240 flights on AF,KL, AZ, AM, OK

this year , i reached 30 and i decided to stop the game
Why?
- i still have lounge access with Gold
- 75% to 100% bonus is not worth spending XXXX€ to get them IMHO
- in 4 years top sky elite in skyteam, with 70% of my flights on AF, i got upgraded twice: one HGK-CDG on an awards, one VNO-PRG on OK
=> virtually no recognition
- horrible taxes to use miles

April fool mileage change took its toll

When i make the global addition, really not worth the hassle to spend 6/7 WE in airports to remain Plat

I use AF when no choice (=domestic flights), and i moved all foreign private/prof flights to OW/STAR otherwise

Sorry to say, but they lost me as a faithful customer. AF is above average on longhaul in economy (my flight pattern), but not enough to spend extra money to remain platinum

Otherwise, if you wish to keep your plat status, i always found OK to be nice for Weekend mileage run: low price, PRG is a very pleasant transit point, and a lot of nice eastern european destinations to discover

But even that is over, as the code sharing on CDG-PRG stopped, and much less convenient schedules are available on OK now from CDG

Good luck
PS: i am not surprised at AF financial situation. You can not unplease customers without paying the toll one day or another