FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:31 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
OK - for once a reasonable post.

I can understand you being anxious - but you must remember that your compatriots claims of suddenly needing 20 zillion Avios points to travel from New York to Boston in the luggage hold are nothing more than speculation (and irritation for that matter).
Reasonable, yes. Avoiding hyperbole, yes.

However, a further revelation of how many people seem to join BAEC and yet avoid flying on BA. I know there's a oneworld thing, but seen from BA's POV it must be just a little bit frustrating seeing all these NA members never putting their bums on a BA seat. It's supposed to be a Frequent Flyer Programme.

Personally, I don't care. I'm time-rich, cash-rich and Miles-rich. And the taxes and fees that cause so much angst 'over there' don't bother me in the slightest. We just carry on flying Club on a 4-sector trip to the US East Coast in CE/CW for around $1,000 US each [$200 each more on a bad day]. I certainly don't expect BA to consider reducing that cost to $500 pp ... they would go bust.