FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:18 am
BAHumbug

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by mrmagoo
It's been said more than once in this thread, but, I'm also going to add my voice to the BA members that reside in North America.

Until the Partner redemption charts are published by BA, many of us North American BAEC members will continue to be anxious. I like some others have over 1M BA points in a household account. Because of the huge taxes/fuel surcharges associated with BA metal flights over the past few years, I've been flying with BA partners such as CX or AA to avoid having to pay those hefty extra fees. For our family, for every 1 BA flight, we travel with a BA partner 3 times. We use BA miles primarily for recreational travel, so, changing destinations to the Far East, South America, or Continental USA is a no brainer if we want to save funds by not taking a BA flight.

For those that are calling us 'NA whiners', we're voicing our concerns because it's entirely possible that due to the way we fly (ie. using BA partners) effectively our BA miles could become devalued come Nov/15.

If partner airlines travel require significantly more Avios points for travel come Nov/2011, then as someone else had mentioned previously, BA should think twice about grandfathering BA mile points using the old redemption charts.
OK - for once a reasonable post.

I can understand you being anxious - but you must remember that your compatriots claims of suddenly needing 20 zillion Avios points to travel from New York to Boston in the luggage hold are nothing more than speculation (and irritation for that matter).

If you're sitting on a 'stash' of miles and you are concerned that your planned redemptions are going to become more expensive, you have 2 months to get your redemptions in at current rates. Remember that miles bookings are fully flexible so if the rates change in your favour in November you could consider cancelling and rebooking for a small fee.

Anxious is fine - and totally understandable ! ^

BAH