FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:17 am
YukonYXY

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by yxxmike
Sorry about the poor posting, I was in a rush and didn't get a chance to re-read it again. Anyway, so here is the situation:

Status Miles: 29715
AC Miles: 7160

So, I realize that I need that extra 2940 to gain prestige. My friend wil traveling between YYZ - ATH in two weeks and offered to to put my AP number in as he's not a star alliance member. If this works out, then I'll likely pass prestige and go straight into elite based on his return trip. As a rule of thumb do AC/Aeroplan really care if a member has had his or her number used for another persons flight? My buddy would be helping me out quite a bit because with work I fly usually either United or US Airways but not enough of either to make it worth while switching over from AP.

Thanks for your insight and experience
As previously stated in reply to your original post: "If your plan is to get your friend to 'credit' you status miles, that will not work as status miles are only awarded to the travelling passenger for miles actually flown (Status miles = BIS =Butt in seat)"

You can only use your Aeroplan number for flights that YOU are on, and your friend attempting to 'put your Aeroplan number in' will not work. Remember Status Miles = B.I.S. (Butt in Seat) ONLY. There is no way around it.