FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:19 pm
Euan

Originally Posted by Boraxo
The reduction in miles on some BA routes is a small bone and no way offsets the costs to millions of BA's north american members that don't use their miles on the short haul intra-Euro routes.
The mileage reductions are not really "small bone" for BA's UK/EU members when LHR-HKG/NRT/BKK all reduce by 25% and then you have LHR-NYC/BOS/ORD which have reduced by 20%.

And I'm sure a lot of the 'millions' of BA North American members have approx. 100,000 miles sitting in their account thanks to the Chase credit card sign up bonus (Yes - I know a lot will also have earnt them by travel, etc). At the end of the day it was their (Chase/BA) choice to offer than many miles with the sign up bonus but I can't recall the last time any credit card in the UK/Europe offer 100,000 miles as a sign up bonus so I'm pleased that the initial changes benefit UK/EU members.

It is a British airline after all.

Originally Posted by Boraxo
And there is no change to the heinous fuel surcharge or LHR luxury taxes
YQ is pretty common among EU airlines and isn't going to change, IMO. As for LHR taxes - outwith BA's control but you frequently can read in the press over here one airline or another saying how high they are.