FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:23 am
markzz2

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by mstrg325
Can anyone confirm that the renovations are complete? Have a stay planned for later in September and want to ensure they are complete.

Thanks!
Was there three weeks ago and it was a mess to be honest.

I was told that is the completion was "any day now" but the whole place was smelling of paint, the lobby full of furniture wrapped in plastic and the new Concierge Lounge in the lobby far from finished.

I had a new room, which was nice. The lounge was relocated to a really horrible conference room, full of dirty glasses and crockery (with limited food and drink and terrible service - read nobody there!). The main breakfast room marginally better but still in a horrible conference room with a bad atmosphere and very hot!

It seemed that the management were trying hard to offer acceptable facilities when the building was in chaos, but sadly they were failing in offering a true Marriott experience and still charging pretty high rates.

I am sure by September it will be ready, but I would call them to make sure. I certainly would not return until its all done.