FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car Rentals [master thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:14 am
Exiled in Express

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by treznor
If other rental car agencies at the PHL airport have low rates you could rent from each of them on the same day. At least cuts down on the number of times you have to drive to PHL.
This year's T&Cs state that only one rental per day counts as a hit so this will not work. Hotel stays have the same restriction.

Originally Posted by CEUflyer
Here's another car rental question.

I very rarely rent from Alamo, but did once earlier this summer. To "thank me" they sent a coupon by email for one free day rental, expires in 6 weeks, no minimum rental length. I tried a sample 1-day rental at the local airport, and it comes out to $4 total (the airport facility charge). Since this is a coupon, not an award rental (like Hertz #1 Club), what are the chances I can get US miles for it? According to usairways.com, you earn 250 miles per Alamo rental. Anybody had a similar situation?
I think the chance of getting miles is greater than zero. Alamo is owned by National and I believe uses the same systems. Redeeming a free day coupon on National will generate another rental credit as long as you pay something, in this and my case the airport fees. If you have nothing else to use the coupon towards give it a go.

Last edited by Exiled in Express; Sep 1, 2011 at 7:20 am