FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:58 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

As "Rumour Central" has already started, perhaps we should look at what BA might be trying to achieve with the changes ... on the basis of the evidence so far. I can't see any evidence in the wording released to date that suggests "They're out to get us".
  • Enhancements for Zone 1-3 pax = Perhaps an offset for the impending termination of Euro-cheat? Certainly increasing competitivity within Europe.
  • Changed Miles requirements on many sectors = Correcting perceived anomalies.
  • Future new partners to earn/spend Miles = widening potential customer base.

I can't see any potential benefit to BA for tinkering with status levels at the upper end. Indeed, that has high potential for annoying that part of the customer base that actually generates a lot of revenue, much of it on a very regular basis. IMO any changes are likely to be, as already discussed on another Thread, providing additional minor benefits at the low end [i.e. "Bronze"]. In other words, encouraging more business from the lower end [i.e. less frequent] of the market.

Edit ... thanks for the update, Nicci. You're a :-: ^