FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you like your steak? Doneness? How prepared? Etc.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:25 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Sorry for asking but... if you add butter to a piece of meat, doesnt that mean that the meat itself is either lacking something, and/or is not of the right quality...?

The concept of overly seasoning or saucing meats is a very very strange for a 200% carnivore Argentine, so please forgive my question and thanks for sharing your views... ^
Originally Posted by Fredd
Absolutely, Gaucho! ^ If one is a true carnivore, why would you want other flavors getting in the way?

I'll admit that butter is something of an exception, but when Mrs. Fredd and I finally got around to eating at a Ruth's Chris, she said, "almost anything tastes better with butter on it," and we recalled that her late father, a gourmet carnivore with the best of them, enjoyed a pat of butter on his very rare beef.
Perhaps variety.. being the spice of life?

So the same steak can be had, a number of ways.. none is wrong.. and when tasty, much is right!