FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business vs Personal cards
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2011, 3:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Problem is the Fair Credit Billing Act does not protect you when you use a biz card.
To be sure there is no misunderstanding, I am not advocating use of business cards. What I am hoping to do in this thread is flesh out the discussion with sufficient details that someone who reads it could make an informed decision for their specific circumstances. It's broadly true that business cards provide less protection, but I think we should document what this means as a practical matter, and be able to identify the circumstances where the risk is real.

I think it's clear there is an important difference for those who carry a balance, but I hope there are not many here in that category. We use business cards in our company, and the handling of fraudulent charges is indistinguishable from personal cards. However, we almost never dispute a charge due to non-delivery or unsatisfactory quality, and I do not know how business cards handle these.

I don't find articles such as the Forbes one very helpful, because the content does not support the headline claim. We can do better.