FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Great AA Mileage Race to "D-Day" (MM change day) - 12/1/11
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:42 pm
rayfes

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
sitting at 790k and here's what I'm doing:

-been earning miles from a Guaranty Bank airmiles account that ended up with BBVA Compass when Guaranty folded. Left it there even after they reduced the earning rate. Now I'm going to pull that $60k out and put it in a 2 yr Bankdirect CD so that'll be 60k now.

-should receive 23.5k from a new CitiGold checking account I opened a few months ago but am a little concerned that someone mentioned difficulty getting the bonus. I never funded this account with anything near the min amount to prevent fees.

-opened the world elite Citi MC yesterday and was told I'd receive the 25k bonus (have signed up for 2 other Citi cards in the last year or so)

-transferred 43k Diner's Club Rewards Points to AA

this will put me at 941.5k

I will spend $40k on the Citi elite MC next year so that should get 40k + 10k bonus (I assume the EQM bonus counts towards LT)

I only have 1 trip before 12/1 but it's AUS->JFK->ZRH and I'll do the mileage multiplier. This should get me there with a little bit of buffer and if something goes wrong BIS flying will get me there soon enough.

Then I'll relax