FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International trip ideas with 10 month old?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 2:09 pm
SQ325

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Most infants can easily be pacified if the parents are properly prepared.
This has nothing to do with preparation. Some babies are easy to pacify, some not. Some are easy to travel with, some not. It depends on the personality of the baby/kid.

Should that preclude young parents from enjoying travel?
Whats wrong with taking a break and pause travelling for 1 or 2 years? That people taking their babies everywhere nowadays doesnt make it right. Who knows how travelling is influencing the development of a baby?
Why can people not accept that their life is changing? I accepted for myself that I cant travel the same way I have done before the kids. The focus is shifting and nothing is wrong with that. My break is over and Iam still alive. We are back travelling, but we selecting our destinations differently.

Grow up, the world has changed. People take children everywhere. Quite honestly a sleeping 3 month old in a fine restaurant is often better behaved than some of the obnoxious older diners who seem oblivious that their loud voices carry throughout the restaurant. I'd generally agree that truly fine dining and certain young ages (1-5) don't mix. But it is wholly dependent on the behaviour of the parents and children. And you cannot be serious about restaurants like CEC, much less CPK, Cheesecake Factory, etc. where you probably wouldn't even hear a crying baby.
As long as a restaurant is catering for families with young children I find it fully acceptable to eat out accompanied by a infant/toddler. Elsewhere not really.

LOL, I'm young and had the, "An infant on a long-haul flight? Those poor passengers who will be nearby the family if the child screams." I took a flight HNL to ATL last year with two screaming children... After about an hour, I was ready to start screaming because they wouldn't stop crying. I doubt it was enjoyable for most people on that flight.
We had have that experience 2 years ago. But as parents. And it was really no fun at all. Iam happy that we are out of that, today it is very diffrent.

Last edited by SQ325; Aug 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm