FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wedding woes-(may have to leave Delta because of this)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:15 am
RatherBeOnATrain
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by joellg
First thing we did was book our flights back in the spring (along with 14 others going to the wedding) and use 200K miles to do so for first class for me and my bride-to-be.
First of all, "Bride-to-be and I" is how you should be phrasing things, Joellg! She comes first - always!

Originally Posted by joellg
We got in on Tuesday afternoon, with time to go to the St. Thomas courthouse and get the paperwork done, and get tuxes, ect.
Is there some reason why you couldn't extend the trip and leave on Monday, or Sunday?

You mentioned that the trip is booked for Tuesday thru Tuesday, which I presume is because the only way you were able to get the ticket for 200k skypesos was to fly on Tuesdays. (There was probably no award availability on the other days.)

Going earlier would require paying for an extra night or two of accommodations, but if your lovely bride and you are the only ones that need to be at the Courthouse for the paperwork, why the heck not get there earlier and enjoy St. Thomas?