FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:05 am
dmodemd

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I was able to get a Diamond PointStretcher rate for 18K points per night and got it for Fri-Mon (3 nts).

The shuttle pickup was very hard to get to (never did this at ORD before) and lamented staying at the ORD Hilton as we walked right past the underground entrance

The shuttle (every 20 mins) became very overloaded after its various stops and had to leave one person behind! Thankfully the Hilton was the first stop of the Hilton/Embassy/DoubleTree COMBINED SHUTTLE

Check-in was great and we were given breakfast vouchers for me and my wife for all 3 days as a Diamond member. The vouchers said Diamond/Gold, so do Golds get this as well? Every day they had a great breakfast buffet!

No Executive Lounge but we were put on the top floor on a corner room which was a little bigger with a sofa (for us to throw our stuff onto ).

The Blue Line station is a couple blocks away so it was convenient to get to downtown on each day.

The rooms were decent enough and equivalent to what you get at the ORD Hilton. Didn't try the wireless internet but it is free to Diamonds. Note that self-parking has a fee if you come by car.

Overall, it was great for the value we got, but the Hilton ORD is far more convenient.