FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Aug 27, 2011, 5:04 pm
danville 1K
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by entrada
I have a question for those who have received a confirmed same day standby when used on line check in. The United policies make it seem that this is possible if you are within three hours of your requested standby flight. But I tried this yesterday. And although I was given the option using on-line check-in to standby for a different flight, there was no option to confirm the seat. I was given the standard depart management card for the standby flight and a boarding pass for my original flight. There were seats available on the flight I wanted to stand by for. Did I do this wrong? I didn't want to call in and once I got to the airport it cleared easily. But I was just curious why I couldn't do this at check-in on line.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Belive only Standby is available with OLCI. Did you try the OnLine Change Reservation for SDC?
I've been able to change UA flights within 3 hours via online check-in providing the flight is not oversold, so it can be done. When available there's a
"Change Flight" button you can click on.