FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 9W Trip Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:14 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by anona678
Been doing some reading around and from what I understand I will have to ask for the BOM lounge pass at the transfer counter in BOM. I have an email from 9W JP center that I would be given access to the lounge, but guess you never know when your in BOM it may all change.
if you are traveling in business or first then your boarding pass will be enough to use the lounge during transit....

How far is the Oberoi and Carnations lounge from each other? From what I read the Carnations lounge is much better to the Oberoi and can be accessed by everyone willing to pay INR300, is this true? This is a backup plan.
both lounges are nothing to write home about....i prefer the carnations lounge but its like a zoo at most times....

Also from reading, is that if I don't get upgraded by JP miles. I have to ask at the counter during check in to be wait listed for the upgrade and if lucky be upgraded when boarding, because the JP system does not sync the upgrade request to the check-in and boarding gate systems
if you don't get upgraded then just ask at the check-in counter....if a seat opens up then you will get it....i have rarely seen first class go full so there is a good chance you will get it....

The above is from reading various different things on the net so feel free to correct.
the more you read the more you will have things to worry about....just relax & enjoy the 9w experience....