FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this standard practice for Marriott?
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:22 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Technically you were walked. I'd read up on the benefits offered walked guests and insist upon full compensation. This includes credit for the stay elsewhere. If your reservation was guaranteed, there was no reason for them to give away your room except to be greedy (be sure to check your CC statement for a no show charge!).

Don't worry about the check-in time at the SpringHills. Show up whenever you like, if they have a room available, you should get it. If not, then sitting in the lobby helps remind them you are there and they will get you into a room as soon as they can. It can also be a good time to chat with the manager about the walk benefits and find out what you should have done differently for future reference.

As a side note: I had the same situation as you and called the CY property to advise them I'd be late, was assured I would be fine arriving late and ended up in a one-bedroom suite! FT mantra: YMMV

Last edited by RogerD408; Aug 25, 2011 at 11:28 am