FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updated thoughts on the "Trusted" traveler program
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:00 am
janetdoe

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by TXagogo
I am not getting the impression that this will change anything with regards to actual body scanning.

...allowing the TSA to access my frequent flier travel history and allowing them to barcode scan my BP every time I go through the airport just isn't worth it.

If that is the case I will decline to participate. Unfortunately I think this is a stepping stone to eventually make bar coding on ALL boarding passes so that everyone can be tracked. This is their way to start off slowly with a nice little "option" before they make it mandatory. By that time people will be "used to it" and there will be less resistance. .
I am still hopeful that the expedited screening line will feed into a WTMD with occasional 'random' additional searches at the 3% rate they always mention.

Since I am in my early thirties, I have very little pre-9/11 air travel history; so the government probably already has most of my records.

They already make the airline feed them a list of who is traveling on each flight; how much additional info would they gain by barcoding our BPs?

The only question that occurred to me was whether AA will report flights outside of the TSA's domain to the TSA. For example, if I am in Europe and fly CDG-FRA using my AAdvantage number, will TSA now have access to that information? (I'm assuming they wouldn't have that info now... which is not necessarily a valid assumption.)