FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:48 pm
Mike1625

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
I'll identify myself first, AA is my second choice, I am a Delta flyer normally. I don't fly for business, and can manage mid level status (gold) on Delta on my own dime. I have been coveting million mile status on AA for a while now, since I may someday work with a company that woudl require me to fly aa more, or for the day that I can't keep up my delta status, so I can then switch programs to benefit from having status.

I wish the program would have lasted longer unchanged. But I also think the changes are fair given what competitors offer.

I am very grateful for the advance notice of the changes. A big thank you to AA for being so upfront about what is going on.

I also have a plan on how to accumulate the miles I need to get there- I am going to lock myself in a bathroom on a 777 for 1 week in October, put an "out of order" sign on the door, then come out and ask for the miles I flew to be credited to my account. There aren't any flaws in my plan, are there?