FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:27 pm
xolinlevh

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by VU08
Did they charge you the 3.9% merchant fee on the $5.3k you put down? I didn’t know dealers would let you put down payments on a CC?

I’m trying to purchase a new MB in August to take advantage of summer sales event pricing. However, the T&C say I must spend 5k on the card before I get the “$1000 certificate towards a new MB purchase or lease.” Do you think I could retroactively apply this credit to a purchase? I’ll spend 5k this week but I assume the certificate won’t arrive until September or later. I asked MB and AMEX and neither of them could provide a definitive answer because this card is so new. Thanks for your help!
As far as i know they didnt, they printed a little reciept for me to sign showing the $5300 total. I dunno about the retroactive, thats a good question, I'll tweet it at amex and see, because my 5300 MR points are still pending, if they can give me $1000 back and ~25k MR points ill be psyched.

edit: Sent in a message asking about this. will post when they reply!

Last edited by xolinlevh; Aug 24, 2011 at 2:11 pm