FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:59 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
UA flight attendants are bunch of paranoid nutbags - my hope from the merger is new management will jettison most of them in favor of the CO staff and CO new hires.

That being said, I was aware of their paranoia and a couple months back I specifically took a complimentary copy of Flying magazine from the AC MLL at YYZ to read on my UA flight - making sure the cover and lots of pictures were visible to the FAs and flight deck crew as I read the magazine before departure.

I'm a pilot and read that magazine frequently, but I would have dared them to say something, as the Peel Police who work at YYZ would have likely arrested the crew for creating a disturbance had they called the police on me for my choice of reading material.

I will continue to drag around my copy of Flying on various UA flights in attempt to bait these loonies into saying something so I can humiliate them.