FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA Skymall Offer Not Honored?
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:52 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
This is the coolest write up.

I love the graphics and how the second one shows why an obvious miles vet like him would throw his hands up and not even want to play the mall game.

It sucks in a way that this is in fact how mall mile shopping is...for those of us who do want it to work for daily online shopping, but its also good for the jerks who set up these half arsed mall.relationships!

I think the cartera thing (I still have yet to meet ANYONE who can show me where or what the terms and cond were for that 83+k ad-- mistake or no) and this freecause thing will in fact change the way things get done in the future but it is equally interesting to me how wandering amarean brings up both in comparing woes of chasing miles on mall transactions.

Sadly, the way his article ends leads me to see how all parties may just find an out and never pay those of us miles who had participated in either this HA or the US AIR EASYCGI debacle...and in my experience with legal mediators like the AGs office in states like MA it may be some reduced compromised amount in the end if we are compensated. Then also will come up the issue of what a mile is worth per dollar, or what both we all agree its worth vs. What HA&US thinks they are worth---at the time of the incident.

We shall see, but I do like the momentum this is gathering as of late.

I too am just not sure if daily small time mall shopping is worth it for miles unless I go into it with the attitude that I don't really care if they post and never rely on them. But I think that's so effing wrong... I mean seriously... I know of people and real time situations where someone who we would call a novice or newbie has collected say 24,893 miles and they are soon to expire and he also wants to visit his sister in Denver so he sees the idea of buying something online to also get 150 miles in time (even buying it 90 days out from expiry of his miles) only to never see them post. ...!

To me that's far far worse than anything we have experienced in this forum in the world of missing miles, that is. Makes me pretty frustrated to be honest. Why are people who do these cartera and freecause things even employed?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 27, 2011 at 7:53 am