FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Tented Camp - some quick questions (Thailand)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:22 am
rjhunjhu

Four Seasons Tented Camp - some quick questions (Thailand)

We're off, the wife and I, yet again for a short 4-night stay at FS Chiang Rai next week. I'm no fan of FS - never had any memorable stays at an FS -, but this property has been at the top of my go-to list ever since I became aware of it... I'm just so excited about the elephants! Some questions ---

1) Weather - Ideally, of course, I'd like to go during Jan-April, and I'm willing to wait if the rainy season is a real spoiler. But given that their rates are down from 75k THB to 60k THB because of the low season, and that no-one on tripadvisor seems to have minded the weather in Aug-Sept, I'm thinking it might be worth it. Also, considering that I can always reach Chiang Rai in about 6 hours from Delhi, likely this won't be my last visit. Can anyone comment on this weather vs discount tradeoff?

2) Someone I can't seem to find anyone talking, either here or on tripadvisor, about deluxe tents vs regular tents. Is the deluxe tent worth the extra 10k THB?

3) How do I go about getting the best deal? I'm not a frequent FS guest so I don't know the ropes. I remember reading that Virtuoso can't get any substantial benefits on this property?

Thanks as usual. Once my booking is done, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.