FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: Amex & Facebook: $40 statement credit for $100 Sheraton spend, US cards
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:48 pm
CanesLawMarty

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by DCBob
The response you received is rubbish (..."it appears that".... shows the CSR is just guessing). They are two separate offers. Read my post #85 as proof positive that you are allowed and will get two $40 credits from two separate SPG offers in the same statement period. Respond with an email citing my post #85. And tell them to escalate it to a manager.
OK, so as an update, I've called now 3 times and have just confirmed that they apparently did undertake some sort of "review" and AmEx unilaterally deemed me not to be eligible for both credits, which is BS. The woman I spoke with just now could not have been nicer and, without me even opening my big mouth, credited me with 3000 Starpoints for my hassle and apologized for me not receiving a response to my initial queries. Oh, and after I took DCBob's suggestion a couple weeks ago, the woman gave me 2000 Starpoints. So in the end, I didn't get my second $40 credit, but I did score 5000 Starpoints...worked out in the end I suppose but still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and not much faith with these newfangles internet thingee promos